Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Start a collection!

I have a TON of collections. I got inspired for this next collection after receiving a few of my grandmother's old kitchen utensils. I hung them on the sophet of my kitchen for display. I soon got obsessed with old kitchen utensils, especially strange looking contraptions, or ones with the red handles.

Did you know you that as a general rule, you can date old kitchen utensils with red painted handles to about the 1950s, and ones with green painted handles to the 1940s?

When I have guests at my home, we always have a fun time trying to guess what some of the strange looking tools were used for... like a french fry cutter, ravioli maker, and pasta cutter.

This particular collection is fun and inexpensive. Being on the hunt for utensils I don't already have is a big part of the adventure. And the Gypsy Boys sales always have a big box of kitchen utensils ranging from 50 cents to a couple of dollars.

Add some charm to your kitchen decor with your own utensil collection. You can also think of themes, like only collecting rolling pins, or ice cream scoops. But if you are after utensils with red handles, you better beat me to the sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment