Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Vintage Curtains

First off... sorry I was absent a while. But, I am back in action! Today's post is about my latest Gypsy Boys Estate Sale find...... VINTAGE CURTAINS.

I LOVE vintage curtains. The patterns can sometimes be tacky... gaudy.... hippy... just CRAZY. And that is just how I like it. So when I found this pair of curtains, I knew I had to have them.

First of all, the turquoise, gray and white color scheme fit into my dining room perfectly! Only one problem. I needed 4 panels, and there were only two. Well sometimes when you find something that is ALMOST what you are looking for... you have to make adjustments. Since I have such a wonderful view, I knew my curtains were more about decoration than practicalness, so I realized they would not have to be wide enough to cover the window. I busted out my scissors and cut each panel in half. (Way more nerve-wracking than it sounds!) I now had 4 panels! Instead of hemming the new cut, I decided to add some silver tassel trim. Why be drab, when you can be fab!! To top it off, I added some vintage turquoise tassel tie-backs. (Another Gypsy Boy find).



Ain't nobody got the same curtains as me! These wouldn't suit everyone's taste... but that is the point. It is my personality reflected in my home. This is what makes vintage SO GREAT! Not only are you repurposing something from the past, but you are adding flair and style that can not be easily copied.


No comments:

Post a Comment